1. Our Pledge to You
2. Information We Collect and Disclose
Alliant recognizes the importance of your privacy and we appreciate the trust you place in us to handle your sensitive information. We want you to know that we may share some of the nonpublic information that we obtain about you as needed to provide products and services you request. This information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Information we receive from applications or other forms such as an individual’s name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about transactions with Alliant, our affiliates, or others, such as transaction history, policy coverage, payment history, and claims history.
- Information others give to Alliant to make sure that the data you provide is accurate and up to date. This may include information from employers, banks, insurers, credit reporting agencies, or government agencies.
3. How We Share Information
We share information with our affiliates (members of our corporate family) as well as with non-affiliated third parties (i.e., companies outside our corporate family) that perform services on our or your behalf. Non-nonaffiliated third parties are not controlled, directly or indirectly, by Alliant and may include:
- Financial services providers, such as companies engaged in insurance and securities;
- Non-financial organizations, such as companies engaged in direct marketing and the selling of consumer products and services; or
- Our private lawyers, auditors, and other appropriate representatives who are bound by confidentiality obligations.
We may also disclose nonpublic information in connection with a sale or merger, but such disclosure, if any, is made confidentially and the recipient is bound by nondisclosure and use restrictions. We do not share information about you with non-affiliated third parties for them to contact you for their own marketing purposes.
In addition, the law permits us to share information about our current and former customers with government agencies or authorized third parties under certain circumstances. For example, we may be required to share such information in response to subpoenas or to comply with certain laws.
4. How We Protect Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your data by restricting access to our personnel on a need-to-know basis in connection with our providing services to you and by safeguarding it from unauthorized individuals by limiting access to our databases. Although access to your information is restricted by administrative, electronic, mechanical, and physical safeguards, it should be understood that we cannot guarantee complete security or accuracy of customer information. We ask that you assist our security efforts by maintaining the privacy of all computer passwords that you use to connect with Alliant and to encrypt confidential information transmitted to us over the internet.
5. Former Customers
We share information about our former customers with members of our corporate family or companies outside our corporate family that perform services on our behalf. We share data provided by former customers as well as verifying data. We do not share information about our former customers with companies outside our organization for them to contact you for their own marketing purposes.
6. Time Customer Information Retained
We maintain information about you for as long as we provide services to you and for a longer period if necessary for related business activities or as required by law. Information about our former customers is subject to the same use and disclosure restrictions and security efforts as is information about current customers. When information is no longer necessary for our business purposes or compliance with applicable law, we will return or destroy the information.